-->

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Giant Checklist

I'm working this afternoon and probably not going to get much done for the house today aside from the ordinary every day cleaning but I figured it would be beneficial for me to make an awesome giant checklist of things I want to accomplish within the next year for the house. I'm giving myself a year time line because it's a lot. It might take longer than that but I think I'm finding staying in on the weekends and doing things around the house is more fun than going out. And avoiding doing both we can save money a lot faster! So here we go, giant checklist.

1. Build fence for the dogs.
2. Decide on colors for all bedrooms.
3. Paint guest room bed frame.
4. Make 2 new desks for the office. (Click!)
5. Build kitchen table. (Click!)
6. Purchase and install new pendant lamp. (Click!)
7. Spiff up the front yard.
8. Fancy up the mailbox.
9. Paint Master Bedroom.
10. New Master Bedroom Furniture.
11. Sectional for the living room.
12. Paint laundry room.
13. Make window coverings/treatments for all of my awkward sized windows.
14. Buy real curtains for windows that can support them.
15. Improve on Master Bathroom (switch out knobs, paint?)
16. Guest bathroom, in general.
17. Make a gallery wall in living room.
18. Make headboard or bed frame for Master Bedroom.
19. Build cool bookshelves for around the fireplace! (Click!)
20. Build entryway table. (Click!)
21. Build bookshelves for closet storage! (Click!)
22. Switch out mirrors in Master Bathroom for 2 individual mirrors.
23. Switch out light fixtures in Master Bathroom.
24. Build shelves for attic.
25. Paint end tables.
26. Make new (cute) dog beds.
27. Pretty area rug for the living room!

More will be added I'm sure. Probably the first things conquered will be deciding on colors and painting the laundry room because those are things I can easily do on my own. Wish me luck! This list will probably grow, and also take me well over a year, but it's exciting to do things!

No comments:

Post a Comment