-->

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

If I Could Do It All Again: Wedding

I would still marry the same guy. Hands down, the best man I've ever known (next to my daddy!) and I'm so lucky to have him, but my wedding day wasn't what I expected it to be. I had dreams of a grand wedding, and dreams of an adorable backyard wedding. My wedding fell in between, and not a good in between. I had fun, but I wish I had spent so much less on it doing what I wanted rather than what it seemed like my family was pushing and pulling for.

Drew and I were married in October in the courthouse, my family pushed for a 'wedding' within 6 months. I wanted a wedding in April or May but his parents were busy and wouldn't have been able to come. I would have been happy to keep waiting for any time during the summer. I'm glad it's done and that we can move on, but in the house we are in now it would have been perfect. We would have been married on the front steps. And I've already picked out clothes again!

Wedding Dress: $150 on Modcloth.com
My dress was $1,600 Paloma Blanca

 Maid Of Honor Dress: JCrew $168
My sister is a redhead so would object to wearing coral, but would wear coral accents. Besides, I like pattern and shes special so I would have wanted her to stand out if it wasn't just her.

Bridesmaids would have worn a bright red coral. This dress is from Modcloth as well. $137.99  My sisters dress as my maid of honor was less expensive than this, but still. I could have also had my best friend be a bridesmaid instead of just my sister at my side.

My wedding was lovely, but I wanted to carry big red gerber daisies, wear coral heels with white polka dots, have a big bbq with my family in my backyard and dance under the stars. If I could do it all again I would. And spend only a fraction of what I spent, and I think everyone would have had more fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment