-->

Monday, June 27, 2011

Paint It White!

I have this problem where I so desperately want my house to look bright and clean that I just want to paint everything WHITE! Problem is.. well a few things. 1. I have 2 dogs... 2 dogs who like to shed.

Cute, right? No. There is SO MUCH EVIL packed into these two dogs. But I love them. Sorry for the bad quality photos, these were taken on my phone. My Golden Retriever is about to turn 1 in a few weeks, and my Corgi turns 7 in August. Corgi was born and raised in New England, now that we live in NC hes having a hard time adapting to the heat, he has a double coat (blessed with a thick head of hair like his mama) which already shed a lot, now I do marathon brushings every day, vacuum every other day, and I still look like I have dust bunnies that could eat small children.

So I had to say no to white furniture, and pretty much everything clean looking. The Golden sheds hairs longer than my hair. He also likes to run around and whip up all the fur he can into the air, and roll around on my bed... a lot.

2. My husband can get dirty at work and his boots come in the house and his uniforms get tossed aside and sometimes they are dirty too. I don't want them ruining everything!

I'd love to have a fuzzy white rug in our living area but that seems to just be asking for trouble with the dogs, the husband, and in the future children...

So now I'm stumped on how to make my living room look bright. I have a gray sofa we just bought, I'm in love with it because fur just brushes right off. I figured I could add a white throw pillow to brighten in, but I can't decide on colors for the rest of the room. I like blues and greens but I want it to stay bright. If anyone has any inspiration photos please let me know! My living room is a disaster at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment