-->

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Menagerie

So, you all probably don't know, but might have received a hint from previous posts that I have an obsession with white ceramic/glass animals. So much so that my best friend and I designed an entire kitchen and living room around a ceramic glass owl pitcher that she bought (for $40 and it was SO worth it) before I got married. We never got our apartment together because things started to move a bit faster with Drew and I, but I miss her, and that pitcher.

Then recently I bought my white giraffe lamp (you can see it in 'The Deals' tab, or in my older TJ Maxx post!) which I am in love with, and trying to be good I passed over a white ceramic owl the other day at TJ Maxx. Woke up at 5 am the next day, regretting it, and was at TJ Maxx for when they opened to find out that someone else bought it!!! (I trolled the aisles for over an hour.. and my TJ Maxx is small).

Well, I am crippled here because we only have 1 small TJ Maxx and nothing else. No Marshalls, no HomeGoods. Rarely does my TJ Maxx have good stuff. Though I did find a ton of furniture I LOVED the other day, my couch isn't here yet so I don't know what will go. I found a gray nail head bench that would make an adorable window seat but the bottom is a bit flimsy, as in I sit on it and I feel like my butt is going to fall through the other side. I would pay $40-50 for it, but not $80 because my Golden Retriever will probably hop on it and break it.

I've had to expand my search for awesome ceramic animals to online. I have found a few things I love and I thought I would share it with you. (Also, I am very picky about type of animal, go figure.)

If Drew asks this is what I want for our 1 year anniversary!

This is the same pitcher she bought for $40 a year ago!

I've seen this in person... and its awesome!!

This giraffe also comes in lamps and wall sconces!

SO CUTE!!
This is so so so so so cute!

Jonathan Adler's website has so may cute animals its really worth it to go check it out! That and lots of other lovely things!!!

Hope you're all having a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the whale pitcher! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I would invite people over for dinner just so I could use that... and I don't like having people in my house! lol

    ReplyDelete