-->

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nailed It!

I finally figured out the difficult equation of me +  x style of couch = love. I know Drew wants a sectional but I didn't know what exactly made a couch appealing to me, then I realized this morning as I was half awake standing in my yard with my puppy, the answer is FEET. I like visible feet on couches. I do not like the bed skirt equivalent on couches, I want to see their feet. It makes them get a bit dirtier underneath but it also makes them easier to clean underneath, easier to find when dogs lose their toys underneath, and there is less fabric for dog fur to get stuck to.

Our original plan was to get a KARLSTAD sectional from IKEA. I was hoping we could fit a giant one but it doesn't look like it, so we would be sticking to the sofa/chaise combo, which is really more of a couch with an ottoman... just attached. The closest IKEA to us is 4+ hours away in each direction though so we'd have to get shipping (the gas wouldn't be worth it and we'd probably have to rent a moving van) and shipping is $200 so we would need to buy a lot of stuff to be worth it. We were planning on a new dresser, we wanted end tables and a kitchen table and chairs too but you can't buy those online.

But since I now know that I just want a sofa with feet I'm going to see if Drew would be willing to settle for a sofa and an ottoman, and we can probably save a million dollars in shipping. Finding a dresser is the only issue now.

And my next task is acquiring a large canvas to use as a headboard for our bed! Projects for some day when I have a little bit of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment